ICMME18. 2nd International Conference on Multilingualism and Multilingual Education
du 31-05-2018 au 02-06-2018
Douglas College, New Westminster, BC
The conference considers all aspects of the linguistic and sociolinguistic competences and practices of bi-/multilingual speakers who cross existing social and linguistic boundaries, adopting or adapting themselves to new and overlapping linguistic spaces.
We invite papers in all areas of research in bi-/multilingualism, whether or not linked directly to the overarching conference theme, including, but not limited to, linguistics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, clinical linguistics, education, bi-/multilingual societies.
Topics will include:
- (multiple) language acquisition and learning (L3, L4, Lx);
- psycho- and neurolinguistics of multilingualism;
- early bilingualism and heritage language development;
- speech processing in bi-/multilinguals;
- trans/multilingual language use in different contexts;
- multilingual education;
- bi-/multilingual language policies;
- literacy in multiple languages (pluriliteracy);
- intercultural and globalisation issues related to multilingualism.
Submission deadline: 28 February 2018.
- Ellen BIALYSTOK, York University, Canada
- Bonny NORTON, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Virginia C. MUELLER GATHERCOLE, Florida International University, USA
mot(s) clé(s) :
éducation interculturelle, langues vivantes